*Advertisement/ This post contains PR-Samples & Affiliate Links
The day before yesterday, Kira & Flo started our wedding season with their beautiful civil wedding. Before we start with the actual topic of the article, we would like to wish you both all the best for your future:
Enjoy life, laugh a lot, love passionately and always have time for each other! ♡
In addition to many other things, we of course faced the question: What am I going to wear? What should I wear neither to be underdressed nor overdressed? Dress or jumpsuit? High shoes or cute ballerina? And what do I wear when it starts to rain? Probably we are not the only ones with this problem, but a lot of you too.
So if you are also invited to a civil wedding this year and ask yourself the same questions, you should definitely scroll down a bit. In this post you will find some nice outfit inspirations for civil wedding guests.
Do’s and Dont’s: Things to keep in mind as a wedding guest
- Respect the wishes of the bridal couple. Is there a desired dress code or color scheme? Read the invitation carefully or speak to the bride and groom.
- Cocktail and sheath dresses in knee or midi length. Light maxi dresses are also a good choice in summer.
- You don’t like to wear dresses and skirts? No problem! Elegant pants with a blouse and a blazer or jumpsuits are also nice to wear as a wedding guest.
- Bright colours like rose, blue, mint, apricot & soft yellow.
- The right accessories: jewelry, matching clutches or small shoulder bags (attention: don’t forget tissues for tears of joy!)
- A blazer or a fine knitted cardigan at fresh temperatures.
- Elegant ballerina, pumps, sandals or narrow ankle boots with a high heel that you can walk on.
- Never wear white or other typical wedding dress colors, such as cream, champagne or ivory.
- It is the bride’s and groom’s day and they should get all of the attention the whole day. Therefore: do not steal the show from the bridal couple and do not dress more festively than the hosts. Avoid pompous dresses with glitter or striking fashion pieces, such as large headgear.
- Very short dresses / skirts and a décolleté that lets you look deep.
- Even if it is a casual wedding, used jeans and T-shirts should be avoided.
However, in the end, the couple’s wish always applies. If you are unsure, speak to the bride and groom. The most important thing is that everyone feels good!
The Midi Dress
Long or short: The Jumpsuit
It’s a match: The Pantsuit
Classy: Little Black Dress and Cocktail Dresses
Wide Leg Pants
Accessoires & Shoes